For me highlighter is my must have makeup product. There’s something so satisfactory about finishing a makeup look up with some sparkle! I’ve rounded up the ones I use on heavy rotation in my makeup case!
From top to bottom
- This Bobbi Brown Highlighting Powder is my latest obsession. It has a pinky champagne glow and is incredibly layer able. Compared to the BareMineral highlighter its shine is on the micro level (AKA it doesn’t look like you have obvious strokes of glitter. This is the highlighter I used in the photo below. When I want highlighter to strobe (or insanely pop) in a photo I take a tiny scoop out and mix it with my lightest concealer and dab where I want for a WOW- I CAN SEE YOUR HIGHLIGHTER FROM THE MOON NO FILTER REQUIRED- look. Out of all of my highlighters this is my current favorite.
- This next item is bareMinerals Invisible Light Translucent Powder Duo Matte- Mat, Glow- Brilliant and is considered a matte and glow setting powder. One side has matte powder and the other is a subtle glowing setting powder. I like using the matte side on the traditional t-zone area and the glow on top of my cheekbones (usually over a traditional highlighter) for extra POP. This is one of those products that lasts AGES. I’ve had it since the summer of 2016 and use it several times a week.
- This bareMinerals Invisible Glow™ Powder highlighter I’ve had for so long they’ve redone the packaging. The formula looks the same. Its cheaper than the Bobbi Brown one and a little goes a long way. Its not as buildable as the others but is a universally flattering champagne glow.
- This product is the deluxe sample of Benefit Cosmetics Watt’s Up! Cream-to-Powder Highlighter and has lasted me for ages. Its cream to powder and I usually use it over a light bb cream and blend with my fingers. This one is perfect for my travel makeup and is easy to blend in for a more natural shimmer.
- This product is a dupe I bought when my Benefit Cosmetics Girl Meets Pearl Golden Pink ran out. The color overall is more of a pearlescent pink unlike the previous highlighters champagne colors. The color of the dupe is spot on but I wouldn’t recommend it based on the formula differences
- . The original formula is easily buildable and will blend into skin super easily. The dupe needs to be blended ASAP or it dries really fast and looks streaky. Overall Girl Meets Pearl is a fantastic color that really pops, this dupe while cheaper is not a great formula.
Please note that this post contains affiliate links